Ep. 3 Sermon On Whimsy


In episode 3, we will hear a passage from Joris Planck's "Sermon on Whimsy." Plus, we will hear some feedback from you our listeners!

Transcription of Joris:

"Sometimes I imagine myself some relation of mercurial puck. Perhaps a melancholy uncle who delights not in faerie politics, but the gainful exploitation of their eldritch pastimes of counting winged creatures and wheezing upon too too pollinated air. I would happily take up those less then glamorous occupations of flower disposal and tree maintenance. And while my dainty companions argued over the distribution of magical powders or the intensity of our pixied auras, I would dip hither and thither amongst the mossy stumps, cataloging the growths of imperialist molds.
Insects would come to see me as the Francis of the faeries, and I would repay their adulation with lectures upon wistfulness. In fact, wistfulness would be our only repast, for no food would we handle, our hands sticky from weaving garlands out of resinous foliage. But happily we would all surrender to starvation, with smiles upon our faces, an homage to our starry goddess' horning."